25 August, 2011

Something I Miss

Posted by CeceNoStockings at 5:09 AM



Wow! Four days! That's something. I know some of you have been whispering in dark cyber corners about me giving up on the challenge. This is not true. There was no light in my estate :(

Moving on, I've decided to talk about something I miss this morning. I wasn't gonna do this topic now, but I had a conversation of sorts with someone last night, and it kinda came up.

What do I miss? A lot of things. I miss the original choco milo and gala. I miss that milk thingy that you squeeze out of a tube and suck. I miss running around naked in the rain, and cooking in empty milo tins behind the house. Eating chalk, and licking toothpaste for the heck of it too.

Basically, I miss being a kid.

When I was a kid, things were a whole lot easier. I wasn't bothered about what I was gonna eat, or how I was gonna get money to do one thing or the other, or anything like that. There was nothing like love, or heartbreak. No sense of betrayal. Just bliss.

I think I've already mentioned in previous posts that I was aa dork of a kid. I existed in books. If I wanted to go somewhere new, or explore something different, I had my books. I'd sit behind in class while everyone else went out for break and read or do my assignments.

You see, kids are different. My classmates didn't like me because I was different, and they didn't bother hiding it. No one ever asked me to play, or help them with anything. Everyone pretty much just steered clear of me. And I was fine with it. Didn't pretend to like anyone either. I had my books. My wonderfully amazing books.

Now, everyone just seems eager to pleaase everyone else. I guess I just miss that honesty. I'd rather people didn't pretend to like me just because they're trying to get something from me. It sucks. Especially when you know. And I almost always do.

Some people say I play a lot now, because I didn't get to when I was little. This is true. I missed out on a lot when I was younger. Sometimes I try to make up for that. It helps to have awesome friends who get me. They aren't very many, but they mean the world to me. Maybe one day, I'll do a posrt dedicated to them :) meanwhile, just know I love you guys *kisses*

Undoubtedly, growing has been an experience. I've felt real pain, experienced betrayal over and again, learnt the meaning of rejection, been heartbroken, and basically just seen a portion of what life is. I know I haven't seen it all, and I know there have been great memories along the way, and there probably a lot more amazing times ahead.

I miss being a kid, and being a lot less unaware. I miss smiling for no reason, and, just being happy.

But we have to grow. Everyone. And either you do it at your own pace, or life pushes you into you. One way or another.

Childhood is the world of miracle or of magic: it is as if creation rose luminously out of the night, all new and fresh and astonishing. Childhood is over the moment things are no longer astonishing. When the world gives you a feeling of “déjà vu,” when you are used to existence, you become an adult.
– EUGENE IONESCO

10 comments:

isetfiretotherain on August 25, 2011 at 5:28 AM said...

Oh Cece! Can't remember much of my childhood, but I miss that blissful innocence. Sex and alcohol and chasing money has befuddled us, we most times don't even remember what's most important-love and kindness.

I love youur post annd I love you.

Deola on August 25, 2011 at 6:41 AM said...

We are waiting for the post dedicated to people like me :)
I also miss being a kid. No wahala and stress! But we all can't be Peter Pan.

cecenostockings on August 25, 2011 at 7:39 AM said...

Aww. Love you too.

And you're so right. Now, it all seems to be just "get this" or "get that".

cecenostockings on August 25, 2011 at 7:41 AM said...

LOL! The post is coming soon enough.

Peter pan *_*

FreshPrinz on August 25, 2011 at 8:24 AM said...

Love u too Cocoabutter :*. I really don't see why we have to be all prim & proper all d time. I gladly revert to infantile stupidity/madness whenever I'm with my really really close friends. Spent the drive home from church last night listening to soundtracks of classic disney movies like anastacia, jungle book, beauty & d beast, Lion King, etc & singing at the top of our lungs. 3 grown men singing 'Oh I just can't wait to be KIIIIIING'. Stupid I tell u. Some police officer made d mistake of stopping us but when he heard d other two still singing while I was searching for my license he just laughed & told us to get lost. Musta thought we were mad or somethhing. *sigh*...

cecenostockings on August 25, 2011 at 8:45 AM said...

LOL!! I have all the soundtracks to all the disney movies! I love them so much!!

Ayob alariwo on August 25, 2011 at 1:06 PM said...

.... As a kid I used to chase gals thou.. :) n that I still do.... So lemme say.. I don't miss being a child ... #OkBye...

kitkat on August 26, 2011 at 5:29 AM said...

I sooo miss that milky thing we used to squeeze out of a rectangular tube.. i think the name is petit or something lol
childhood is magical :)

jemjem said...

the milky thing--->ptit..
I miss goodygoody too..

jemjem said...

and walls ice cream..

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?

 

Your Fave Junkie Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates