28 August, 2011

Little Battles

Posted by CeceNoStockings at 9:06 PM
Spinning in the rain, wanting to care
Dancing in the rain, but full of despair
Tossing smiles and hugs and LOLs
Even when drowning in a well
The beautiful clear sky above my head
Only reminds me of the storm I dread
When I get cold, I sit by a fire
And secretly, I mentally burn every desire
Watching this play out like a scene
Knowing this life can really be mean
With your words, you offer solace
Sadly it's worsening at an accelerated pace
The memories, they stay as still images
I alone carry on against the war that rages
All there is to do is stay and fight
But honestly, I'd rather see the light

5 comments:

awizii on August 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM said...

....and so I would and stay true
because the light drowns the darkness and consumes
every shred of despair I feel
Just like comfort food and listening to Motley Crue
I'd like to lie next to you
and pretend that the past can't leave me blue
and instead breathe in, and embrace the brand new

Efe said...

So often dear, we look in vain for the light at the end of the tunnel when all we must do is open up to the light around us. I encourage you. It is in the dark that we learn the most valuable lessons in life. Lessons that make us strong, lessons that make us. Lots of love.

mzcarol said...

Lol, I wish I could add something too
Nice!

awizii on August 31, 2011 at 9:53 AM said...

I agree. I've been in the dark tunnel for a little while now, painful and real, but I'm learning so much about myself right now that I probably wouldn't have if things were comfortable. So I'll say I'm in a grateful position right now. I can only give thanks.

jemjem said...

:-x..*too oppressed to leave a comment!

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?

 

Your Fave Junkie Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates