05 May, 2012

Forgive and Forget

Posted by CeceNoStockings at 10:36 PM
Firstly, if you haven't seen Avengers you should. You really should. As soon as possible. You know how people overhype a certain movie (*cough* hunger games) and it turns out to be crap (*cough* hunger games *cough*)? This isn't one of those times. That movie is mad yo! I might even go watch it again.

Now that that's out of the way, on to today's post. Honestly, I had a super exciting day. And then it rained. And I had to hustle to get home. I am exhausted. I was not built for this Lagos struggle. But, because I'm dedicated to you, and this challenge, and I'm watching revenge, I've decided to go ahead and write this. Forgive me if it's brief.

So. Forgive and forget. We've all heard it too many times to count. I'm not even going to bother going through the whole "Is it easy to forgive AND forget?" issue. I'm just going to share a few thoughts and then go to bed.

A while ago, a family (a single mom raising three kids on her own) was financially unstable. Like, they were really in the gutter. And then this man saunter's into the life of the mother. Well, not "saunter" exactly. More like rode in on a white horse, armour all aglitter. He  helped out financially, and provided moral support and all that. Weeks, months, a year passed, and it seemed like he wasn't going anywhere. Like he was the one that would stay.

Now, as life would have it, he went into business with the mum. They were to do a contract together and had an agreement on how the profits would be shared. The contract was executed and everyone was waiting to get paid. There was no problem when days stretched into weeks, cuz government always delays and all. But then when weeks stretched into months. Eventually, it was discovered that the guy had collected the payment a long time ago and disappeared with the money.

Needless to say, things got really horrible really fast. I won't stretch out the story by going into the whole, sad story.

Point is. If you were a child in that family, understanding what happened, knowing it would be tight getting the money to pay the next semester's fees, seeing your mother depressed and sinking into old bad habits, what would you do? Would it be so easy to "forgive and forget"?

I know forgiveness is really important if you want to completely get over something horrible that was done to you. Yeah, I do. But if you HAVE to forget to truly forgive. Then does anyone really ever forgive? Because I know a lot of people never really forget. Something almost always happen to bring the memory back.

I'm gonna go to bed now. Sweet dreams cupcakes :)

3 comments:

cumical on May 6, 2012 at 12:20 AM said...

This is why you need Xavier to wipe your shit.

Then again, you never know what else he'll do.

In more important news;
AVENGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

afrosays on May 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM said...

Sometimes, I'm not sure about this whole forgiveness and forgetness thing.
If na so, why government put people for jail?
if na so, why can't we relate with the offenders like the sin never happened?

I think we just say it so we wont go through life with a bucket of bitterness

TTXIII on May 6, 2012 at 10:27 AM said...

Ditto.

Forgiving is for your own personal freedom from bitterness. Forgetting? e get as e be.

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?

 

Your Fave Junkie Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates