20 June, 2011

I Want Straight Roads

Posted by CeceNoStockings at 9:25 AM
Hello :) Hope y'all had a good weekend. This morning's post is by Onyi (@nwaokpoechi). In case you've forgotten, she co-writes The Princess Diaries. So, without further ado, Ladies, Gentlemen, and the others.... *drum roll*

Hi. Today's post is basically a place I was in at a point in my life. And I couldn't write for d longest time until I decided to write down how I felt. Not even sure if it's poetry or prose. I just...wrote. So, here it is. Hope you like it


It is deep. It is spiritual. And God knows it scares the hell out of me. This thing I feel for you.
I wish everyday that I never met you; that I never knew you.
You made me feel good; you made me feel bad. You made me believe in myself, and then you made me feel like a failure.
You made me feel all these wonderful things that I never even knew it was possible to feel, and for those things I’m grateful.
But with you it has always been a rollercoaster ride and you of all people know how it gets when you’ve been on too long.
You make me think and see things in my head; things I want to do with you and to you.
I’m repulsed at myself, by myself.
I need God to forgive me. I can’t do that with you in the picture.
I’m tired of labyrinths. I want straight roads.

18 comments:

raihanah on June 20, 2011 at 9:52 AM said...

Short..concise and real good..

Pha't said...

Nice piece n all Ray said.

OOkpoechi said...

Thanks guys :D

ibetapassmynebo said...

Concise precise deep!

Well done onyi...

@cecec...agu cho kwanu gbuom biko...gini ka anyi ga eri na otutu!

OOkpoechi said...

Thanks ibeta! U just made my day, I swear

d3ola on June 20, 2011 at 10:36 AM said...

Short .. And to the point. I like it.
In fact, I love it. Reminds me of how I was at a time ...

@FoluShaw on June 20, 2011 at 10:42 AM said...

Deep.

Vulnerable.

Sincere.

iLikey

Nice one.

F.

OOkpoechi said...

Thanks Deola

papyrusczar on June 20, 2011 at 11:15 AM said...

I Like :)

sandie_pandie on June 20, 2011 at 11:17 AM said...

beautiful writing... deep :D iLike

musingsofagidimallam on June 20, 2011 at 11:28 AM said...

hmmmn...like @FoluShaw said...vulnerable...I like it...it's very honest...

SlevinCalevra on June 20, 2011 at 11:54 AM said...

Long distance relationship. I was in one for a very long time. I still regret it till date. Well, that's just me sha... Wish you good luck.
I like the way you write, it's so sincere...

OOkpoechi said...

Thanks a lot guys. :)

terdoh on June 20, 2011 at 9:17 PM said...

Ha! I love the ending!

kitkat on June 21, 2011 at 12:24 AM said...

i think most people can relate to this, i certainly do!

Arebamen Itua Onosa on June 21, 2011 at 6:50 AM said...

you want straight roads but you need to take the life of someone who can make u feel this way. It's not healthy. Nice piece.

cecenostockings on June 21, 2011 at 7:02 AM said...

I had to come and comment on this! LMAO.

OOkpoechi said...

Lol @Arebamen. Things aren't that deep yet.
Thanks Terdoh and kitkat.

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?

 

Your Fave Junkie Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates