23 June, 2011

Dear Kevin

Posted by CeceNoStockings at 2:09 AM
Hey Kiwi :) (do you still hate that?)

I'm finally doing this. Yeah, it took me three days for it to sink in. You know how I can be with stuff like this. However, in my defense, your mum's method of breaking the news was a tad bit tactless (she sent a text). Yeah, really. Anyhu, I guess that's really insignificant compared to the big picture.

I was thinking about the day you were supposed to teach me to ride a bike. I think about it every time I see a bike (a lot). I still don't know why you pushed me down that hill. I could've died, you know? Or damaged something! I guess you felt bad enough about the cuts since you took me out for ice cream :) I still love ice cream. Still can't ride a bike. But that's my fondest memory. Bit odd, I think.

Wow Kev. I don't know. I'm supposed to write what I would like to say to you. Where do I start? You know how I function. Remember when Chuks died? Compare my reaction to that to that of David's dearh. But it's you. Not Chuks or David, or Aunty Nkem. You. I'm still not clear on why. But everything happens for a reason, no?

I woke up this night crying, because I realized the one I'd lost one of the closest people to me. Who am I going to rant to about stuff no one else cares about? All our planned trips. We were finally gonna go :( Who's gonna send me daily pick ups to keep me happy? I guess I'm crying because I always thought you'd always be there. To cheer me up. To be my inspiration. My motivation. You fixed yours, but you still understood what it felt like because you'd been there.

Am I being selfish? I am, right? I should be wondering how your mum and Steph and Debbie are doing. Not lamenting about you leaving me.

I guess I just want you to know I love you. Always. We all do. You were probably the favorite (we had a poll last year and didn't tell you). I know you don't want me to be this way, but how could I not? After everything? C'mon! Be realistic. I hope you're happy. I know you're glad you got born again. I am too. Because now, I'm certain we'll see again.

I love you, Kevin Uzochukwu Moore. And I miss you. R.I.P

10 comments:

0latoxic on June 23, 2011 at 6:09 AM said...

I'm particularly glad he was born again. That phrase turned this from being sad to not-so-sad... a happy ending, I'd say. Sorry about your loss, but it IS his gain and I pray someday there'll be one big reunion for you guys 'up there'.

SlevinCalevra on June 23, 2011 at 7:39 AM said...

Aww... May his soul rest in perfect peace.

musingsofagidimallam on June 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM said...

Sorry for ur loss dear...may d Lord heal d pain eventually...

3D Monopoly on June 24, 2011 at 4:23 PM said...

May He Rest in Peace.

P.S.
Tomorrow is Saturday 25th June 2011. Someone was meant to email me.

Terdoh on June 26, 2011 at 10:12 AM said...

R.I.P Kevin Uzochukwu Moore

Griffin on July 4, 2011 at 9:48 AM said...

...My deepest condolence for your loss. May God give you the strenght to bear this loss.

Emeka Amakeze on July 5, 2011 at 5:57 PM said...

May his soul rest in peace!

cecenostockings on July 6, 2011 at 3:07 AM said...

Thank you guys so much. Sorry this is late. Really appreciaate it

EyeVee said...

Had tears in my eyes wen I was reading dis but wen I got to d part of him been Born again I smiled. That has always been my worry wen pple die; where dey will spend eternity but am glad ur friend made peace wit d Lord. Rejoice for he is wit the Lord interceding on ur behalf

cecenostockings on July 19, 2011 at 3:29 PM said...

Thanks :)

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?

 

Your Fave Junkie Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates