27 May, 2011

My Despair

Posted by CeceNoStockings at 3:18 AM
Free-falling into the depth of despair
No strings holding on, no safety net
For once, I forget all my inhibitions
I'm just me. Completely free.
And as empty as the space all around me
I want to pour my soul into a glass
Stir it up a bit. See what becomes of it.

These shadows, they won't let me be.
Persistently hovering, haunting me eternally
Dark clouds over my already dim existence.
Trapped in my freedom. Escape, a distant dream
A fantasy. With non-existent schemes and plots.
And so I fall deeper still. Further down the hole.
Uncomfortable with the knowledge that this hole, I did dig

And now, my heart's pounding. Getting closer
I just want it to end, to all be over
But what I want doesn't always matter
I'll take what I'm given, or go on without
This is the point I feared but longed for
The darkness, so much more than welcome
__________________________________________________________________
I really don't know what to say about the above poem. Been going through some ish lately, and this is the best way I could let out some frustration. So, you can leave your thoughts below if you like. I'd love to see them though.
PS: I am very aware it doesn't rhyme.

9 comments:

OOkpoechi said...

Heartfelt. Once upon a time I could relate. Good job.

cecenostockings on May 27, 2011 at 4:48 AM said...

Thanks

ibeta said...

Mtcheeew...come to eagle's square joor

awizi on May 27, 2011 at 9:24 AM said...

There are no rules darling.Poems don't have to rhyme all the time....all you gotta do is let your emotion guide you, write the words as they are dictated to you...harness your inspiration and let your words flow...

Poetry is the connection between your inner feeling and your writing pad or spoken words....There are no rules.

I like this very much....and I understand how it feels to be in pain and write as a means of release. Whatever you're going through will pass.

kitkat on May 27, 2011 at 5:50 PM said...

Aww pele. I cant say i fully understand or relate but the poem definitely has a sad vibe :(

afrosays on May 27, 2011 at 9:24 PM said...

Poetry is not about rhymes.
I likes what I read.
I shall burrow into the archives as soon as I can.

Smiley.

cecenostockings on May 28, 2011 at 1:59 AM said...

Thanks darl :)

cecenostockings on May 28, 2011 at 2:15 AM said...

:)

forasphinx on June 4, 2011 at 5:44 AM said...

Sounds like som'n I'd write. I can definitely relate

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?

 

Your Fave Junkie Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates