08 December, 2011

Johnnie Walker - #WhatsYourStory

Posted by CeceNoStockings at 2:35 PM
Confidence imparts a wonderful inspiration to it's possessor. - John Milton

Ever been to that point where it feels like you've hit rock bottom? Completely overwhelmed by feelings of hopelessness and helplessness? Desperately seeking something to inspire you? Well, I've kinda been dwelling there recently. Indulging in self-pity, wallowing in depression, and making my mind a comfortable home to thoughts that are usually most unwelcome.

Part of the problem is, I can't write. Writing has always been the way I express myself. My release. My safe haven. I can always write down my thoughts and feelings, or stories, or random stuff, but lately I haven't been able to do any of that.

I get an idea for a story, and I just can't will myself to pick up my pen and notepad (or my phone) and write it down. Even when I try, I find myself questioning my ability to successfully execute the story, and so I just let the idea die. Now, I find myself staring at a blank page for minutes wondering what to write about.

I used to write stories on the spot, and then *POOF* Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Unfortunately, this lack of confidence has slowly begun to project itself unto various other aspects of my life.

There are a million and one ideas swimming around in my head, but I just lack the motivation. Making any attempt just seems like a waste of time. What would be the point?

Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterward carefully avoid - John Keats

One of my teachers at school used to say "Sometimes, you need to fall so you can take a quick break before getting back up and continuing stronger."

I'm scared of failure. It's the reason why I haven't gone after a lot of things I really want to. It's a terrible feeling when I enter a contest and lose, or I go after something and don't get it.

I've tried to go after some of the things I want. I expected the obstacles, but still broke down and gave up when I encountered them instead of finding a solution to the problem. Like I half-expected them to just solve themselves, or be taken care of by someone else. It almost never works out that way though.

Problems never fix themselves. Yes, the solution may, in fact, be in the problem itself, but you need to DO something about it, and not just wish it away, or add it to your list of excuses.

Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

It's easy to give up. To lose hope, resign to failure, and just tag it "fate". I've been close myself. Dangerously close. But the truth is you only truly fail when you truly stop trying.

With the help of the most amazing people in the world (my friends), I pulled through. There comes a time when you just have to suck it up, and make a conscious decision to keep moving. Your problems are only as hard/difficult as you let them be.

If you truly want something, don't just want it. Go after it. If you fall, you get up and try again. I try my best to never regret anything I do. Even when I make mistakes (and I do a LOT), I learn from it and move on.

I WILL get where I'm going to. There's a wall in my way, and I have several options.
    1). Walk through it with my super powers.
    2). Hit it until it breaks or gives way
    3) Go around it
    4). Go over it
    5). Go under it.

    As life would have it, the day I made the decision to stop throwing myself pity parties with an attendance of just me and keep trying, I got the email that led to me writing to this post.

    Something big is coming from Johnnie Walker. So, go ahead and like their facebook page.

    This post may be an advert, but it's also my way of sticking my foot in a door that I saw closing. It's not too late to turn things around for you.

    Keep walking.

9 comments:

Astorre said...

Nice!

awizi on December 8, 2011 at 3:18 PM said...

Beautiful, Coco. I really liked it.

cecenostockings on December 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM said...

Thanks darl :*

ibetapassmynebo said...

:) :)

damie said...

I needed to read this. :)

Hardeycole said...

Good one

cecenostockings on December 10, 2011 at 7:52 PM said...

I'm glad you did.

mcnierdy on December 10, 2011 at 9:10 PM said...

Describes what I've been going through lately.

Alex Amos on February 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM said...

You re a blessed writer!

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?

 

Your Fave Junkie Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates