05 September, 2011

The Power of the Sun

Posted by CeceNoStockings at 1:07 AM
Hey. :)
So, today's guest writer is a friend of mine @BonnieLilacGrey. She's really awesome, and when she sent in this piece I felt so close to it, I had to put it up. You can check out her blog if you wish. For now, enjoy this piece.


_______________________________________________________________

Ever since I got into the university, I have noticed the sunrise and sunset a lot more than I did before. Babcock is an annoying school but its serenity is very calming and might I say, it's what we crazy people need sometimes.

I like how as the sun goes down, the sky changes color from bright yellow to golden yellow to bright orange to brown which fades into black. In the case of Babcock, it turns red. That sight ALWAYS blows my mind. When the sun rises, its just the opposite so, its basically the same feeling.

On this particular day, I had done something stupid. Something so stupid, I never want to say out loud. What hurt me most was that I did it to someone I truly love. It really wasn't an act of love at all. He had forgiven me but for the fact that this wasn't the first time I had done it, I found it a tad difficult to forgive myself. So my insomniac self slept myself to a headache. I woke up nervous and my head was about to fall off.

My mother sent me to the kitchen to finish making dinner (seeing as I didn't cook the stew). I saw rays shooting through the kitchen window, so I opened the heavy iron door. Through the netted door I watched the bright yellow sun fall through the large tree in my view. The tree was tall and it's leaves were spaced so I didn't really miss out on the sun going down. I stared at it as it changed color. Every single time was fascinating. There wasn't one time I had watched the sun go down or rise that I wasn't in complete awe. I felt like the God we all couldn't see or feel was right in front of me. Like the day I touched a moving train, I felt so comforted by the fact that I was in the presence of something significantly bigger than me. Nothing is impossible if the sun can move in such a manner. Right then, nothing on the planet could touch me. It was like since God was right there, whoever or whatever tried to touch me would be smitten by some powerful ray of light.

All of a sudden, my neighbor turned on his gen. Why the hell wasn't he smitten? I had to close the door. I wasn't feeling so much better but still I had been comforted by the power of the sun.
_______________________________________________________________

There you have it. Please feel free to leave comments regarding the piece. What aspect of nature makes you relate to this post, the writing style, whatever.

Remember, you can still send in your drafts to eezykrys@yahoo.com.

Peace, love & ribena *kilzes*

23 comments:

weird_oo on September 5, 2011 at 1:18 AM said...

Nature is most beautiful! Love the smell of freshly mown grass, rain(yes I can 'smell' rain coming!), wet grass!Sunsets r just..*sigh* having seen a proper one in a while :(

kitkat on September 5, 2011 at 5:42 AM said...

lol well.. u sure do like nature (Y)

@bule_jr on September 5, 2011 at 7:01 AM said...

For someone that studied nature and its essence in uni if I start listing what I do like I would write another post but just one, I love the clouds.... Don't ask why. Deuces

terdoh on September 5, 2011 at 7:26 AM said...

why?

terdoh on September 5, 2011 at 7:26 AM said...

Bonnie honey...we have job openings in Nigeria...somewhere. :)

I love....uhm, the smell of milk? Yeah. Milk is good.

keLvin said...

I was wondering what her mum was doing in Babcock..I got lost there.
Well, I love toilets and bathrooms (cos I'm all natural there). I get so inspired there. Yup! I'm writing this from my natural zone :D

@dtwistednerd said...

i love the sight and smell of fresh green grass:).i feel at peace in a field of grass:)

cecenostockings on September 5, 2011 at 7:46 AM said...

I can smell rain coming too :D

cecenostockings on September 5, 2011 at 7:46 AM said...

You are special.

aot2 on September 5, 2011 at 7:53 AM said...

You know did worship the Sun god- Ra back in ancient times. The sun is a glorious mystery.

'Deolu Bubbles on September 5, 2011 at 7:59 AM said...

Nice, the clouds always get me, so beautiful, God is the master designer, the way the colors merge,its nothing short of pure awesomeness.

oyewande on September 5, 2011 at 8:07 AM said...

I like the smell of grass not fresh grass!

BonnieLilacGrey on September 5, 2011 at 8:12 AM said...

Well, all nature is beautiful. But I feel closer to the sun because it oversees every other thing. And terdoh...why na?

SlevinCalevra said...

Me I like girls, girls. Girls with bum-bum-bum-bum-bum! =D

Georgeenah (@Moh_Nah) on September 5, 2011 at 8:35 AM said...

I love sunsets and oddly shaped clouds,had a whole album on my phone while in uni.
I love the smell of freshly cut grass(whether with a lawnmower or cutlass :) ) and the smell of wet grass too
...And i love the smell of approaching rain :)

kitkat on September 5, 2011 at 8:49 AM said...

Oh so u're taking drafts, i have a draft to turn in then! :D

mo said...

Yes I love the smell of rain too,wet grass :D I love the smell of petrol and paint do they count as nature? yes, no :( ¯\..(•͡.̮ •͡ )../¯

krimmedic said...

Freshly mown grass? This to me is one of the most nauseating things ever.
Now,rain? Wet sand? Ahhh...I love.

isetfiretotherain on September 5, 2011 at 10:22 AM said...

I like the smell of white sand. I could just scoop it up and chew, akin to garri. yeah.

osisiye on September 5, 2011 at 10:38 AM said...

Love the ending. Also like the paradox in 'slept myself to a headache'
Ehen..to the one they asked me, its should be the sun at past noon, when the rays have lost their potency and just glitter and send a thousand sparks from everything they touch. It makes everything beuatiful

ibetapassmynebo said...

In between tall trees..... My medulla shuts down automatically

Ms_Anee said...

Ahhh...the smell of wet grass, the view of the sun between trees, the smell of approaching rain, the smell of the earth and the air after the rain, the serenity of dawn, the rising sun (I sometimes wake up early to sit and watch this), the endless look of the ocean at the beach, the way the sky and the sea seem to merge at a point...I could go on forever. God is truly awesome

coolprincee on September 6, 2011 at 11:31 AM said...

Reminds me of how sensitive these white folks are..dey'll be taking their gals into the woods to show them d beauty of nature...

Dont get me wrong i love nature too, thats y i love milk & children...i love them because of where they come from ;-)

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?

 

Your Fave Junkie Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates